You're going to love these earrings! Named after the recently passed ground-breaking NASA mathemetician Katherine Johnson, the Katherine earrings bring to mind a shining star and a round orbit and Saturn's rings . . . okay, that's a pained comparison. Truth is, I learned of her passing while I was listing these earrings and wanted to honor her in some small way.
Cotton cord-wrapped brass ring hangs from a brass post with matching acrylic center.
Cotton cord wrapped around brass ring. Approximately 1-3/4". Stud is just under 1/2". Lasercut acrylic sent into lead-free, nickel-free brass.
See Tender Loving Care section for instructions on how to keep your jewelry looking its best.
Tender Loving Care
Some tips on how to keep your Moss & Lava jewelry looking its best:
- Keep your jewelry in a safe place to prevent damage from crushing or scratching.
- To clean—rub gently with a soft cloth.
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, lotions, and sprays.
- Remove your jewelry prior to sleeping, bathing, and exercise.
- Avoid dropping your jewelry onto hard surfaces.
Unless otherwise noted, we use raw brass in all our jewelry. Over time, it will develop a beautiful patina. If you prefer to maintain its shine, rub with a soft cloth or polish with a quality brass polish.